Welcome!

This is my first shot at playing with a blog. Bear with me as I stumble through this!






Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A little background... just a little.

So, just a few words about me to start off whatever this blog may morph into.  I like technology.  Both in the seemingly invisible ways it connects the world and in the fun little toys that embrace it all like cell phones.  Mobile is and has been the direction the world has been moving ever since those tiny little boxes called pagers were invented.  However, back then, the only thing that seemed to spur urgency was the fun little #911 that could be added to the end.



From there, things changed.  Everything changed.  Cell phones were huge.  Then they became smaller and smaller.  Now, they're becoming bigger and bigger.  I wonder if things will come full circle and laptops will take the main stage again but be doubled as a cell phone (weren't we there already?).

Oh yeah.  Back to me.  I used to write quite a bit as I recall, but I'm not sure where that went, or, perhaps, where I left it.  After a stint in college I picked up and lived/traveled around Europe for a year... and kept a pretty good journal on the adventure I had.  Got my picture taking in too, then came back with a different path and with fresh eyes.  Free from the architecture studio and endless nights designing and preparing for that next presentation, I jumped over to Politcal Science and added a different perspective to my thought process from the methodologies of architecture.  Pairing that with another degree in Spanish I brought my college days to a close and headed off into the work world.

Fast-forwarding through a few jobs after college I found myself back in architecture for the next 4 1/2 years.  That was a phone call out of the blue.  I enjoyed it, and went a long ways with my career in the field rather quickly.  However, faced with a downturn in the economy and my/the firm's major projects wrapping up - and not seeing a lot of new leads coming in - I made the decision to dive the rest of the way into something I was dabbling with on the side.  Social Media.  Once again, I have definitely come a long ways in the field but realize that I am always learning.  It's a field that is always changing... and thus, I will always be learning, adapting, and pushing forward.  I like that.  Perhaps more on that in some other post.

I am currently living in the Seattle area, play soccer year round, snowboard when I can during the winter, ride my motorcycle around when I can during the summer, and involve myself wherever else opportunity presents itself or interests take me (trying to wrap this up quickly - so much for "a little" background).  If you're ever interested in contacting me.  I'm sure you can find me.  That's what Google is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment